The beautiful Nicaragua is nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea and is famous for its dramatic terrain of lakes, volcanoes and long white beaches. Suggested Daily Budget: 1,110 Nicaraguan córdoba or £25 ($32).
Travelers can spend in average £7 ($9) in meals for just one day. Some of the typical dishes to try are Rosquillas (deep fried donughts), Arroz a la plancha (traditional rice), Baho (wrap made of beef and yuca) and Nacatamal (corn dough stuffed with chicken or pork).
Plan to spend about £7 to £10 ($12) in hostels or guest houses. Most hotels price usually starts at £30 ($39).
Nicaragua has a lot to offer. You’ll love it here if you like hiking, and are fascinated by volcanoes. There are so many to explore and even some actives ones!
– Explore Granada – Granada enchants with its Spanish colonial architecture and makes a great base for exploring.
– View the majestic Mombacho volcano – Nearby Granada is the majestic Mombacho volcano and an archipelago of islets home to a variety of tropical bird life.
– Take a pic at the active Masaya volcano – Masaya is an active volcano and probably most of the incredible activities in Nicaragua. Our tip – take a night tour for an even more impressive sight! (About £11 or $15).
– Unwind at San Juan del Sur – If surfing (or cheap cocktails) are your thing then head to San Juan del Sur for some of the best waves the country has to offer.
– Escape to the nearby Corn Islands – Corn islands are a true paradise amongst the turquoise ocean. Make sure to snorkel or scuba dive to observe the beautiful Caribbean marine life.